Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sausage!!!! Pork Or?

I love making my own sausage.  Some of you that have been with AllRecipes for a while will have seen some of the pictures of sausages that I have made (even the disasters). 

This is my Andouille sausage before smoking
For the most part I use pork, I have used some beef but usually it will be pork.  We were asked this month to try various chicken sausages from Al Fresco.  I have to say my hubby and I were very sceptical about chicken sausage, but were willing to give it a try.  We were so pleasantly surprised.

The first recipe that I made was  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-sweet-italian-chicken-sausage-with-tomato-cream-sauce-over-linguine/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=al%20fresco&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe%20Search%20Results

This was a delicious recipe and from the first bite my hubby asked what kind of sausage this was and that it was "yummy"  My second recipe also used the Italian chicken sausage but was a soup.  Here is the link.  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sweet-italian-chicken-sausage-and-tortellini-soup/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=al%20fresco&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe%20Search%20Results
This soup was so good that I had some for breakfast this morning.  I have to say that I did add a few more veggies to the recipe but I don't think that I hurt the recipe at all.

The final recipe that I tried was this
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-chipotle-chorizo-chicken-sausage--shrimp-kabobs/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=al%20fresco&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe%20Search%20Results

This was so good that my hubby had the leftovers of this for breakfast this morning. lol

I know that this month's activities have given me a whole new view on sausage and I may even try making my own now using chicken.  I will certainly be on the look out for more varieties of Al Fresco, so that I can try some of their other recipes posted on AR.  All in all we have had some great food this month.

I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador(a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on AllRecipes.com - Thoughts from my Kitchen. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of me, pelicangal aka Jan Elton 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment