Tuesday, April 17, 2012

AllRecipes, Our Mother Ship

A few years ago, after being a lurker on AR I had become part of "The Buzz".  Then one day, I think it was a Saturday Oh no!!! OMG!!! no AR.  what could have happened.  No one knew.  All day we all tried and tried to get on and couldn't.  What on earth were we all going to do.  We had plans, we had dinners to make and nowhere to go for our recipes.  We started e-mailing to each other, What is happening? people were saying, Where is AR.  Literally dozens of AR peeps, from all over the country,  were in contact trying to find out what on earth could be keeping us from our very favorite addiction.  People were surfing the "net" It didn't matter, who you were, what you did, where you lived,  if you were part of the 1% or the 99%, we needed our AllRecipes.  Then one person finally found a story.  There had been a fire in AR's building.  It wasn't too bad as I remember, but had closed down the building.  We all vowed that from now on we would print all of our recipes just in case.  I wonder how many of us have done that.  I know that I haven't.  1467 recipes would make a pretty big book.   Just hope that nothing like that ever happens again.  I am waaay more addicted now than I was then.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! OH NO! Where has my favorite addiction gone???? YIKES! I bet more than missing the recipes more people were upset my not being able to touch base with each other on the Buzz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Banking Nana, they were. It was as if our world had ended. We just didn't know what to do. It's funny, who would have thought that this could happen because of a website!!

    ReplyDelete